May 8, 2023
Acne Therapy, Anti-Ageing, Facials, Uncategorized, Welwyn Garden City
Skin peel treatment, also known as chemical peeling, is a cosmetic procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin to remove the top layers. The goal of the treatment is to improve the appearance of the skin by removing dead or damaged skin cells and stimulating the growth of new skin cells.
The chemical solution used in skin peel treatment can vary depending on the individual’s skin type and the desired results. Some common chemical peels include alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs), and trichloroacetic acid (TCA).
During the procedure, the chemical solution is applied to the skin, and the solution is left on for a specific amount of time. The solution is then neutralized and removed, and the skin is typically treated with a moisturizer or other soothing agent.
Skin peel treatment can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions, including fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and sun damage. It can also help to improve the texture and tone of the skin, leaving it looking smoother, brighter, and more youthful. However, it is important to note that skin peel treatment can also have some risks and side effects, and it is always best to consult with a qualified skincare professional before undergoing any cosmetic procedure.
Skin peel, also known as chemical peel, is a cosmetic treatment that uses a chemical solution to remove the outermost layers of skin, revealing smoother, more youthful-looking skin underneath. This treatment can be performed on the face, neck, hands, or other areas of the body, depending on the individual’s needs.
Types of Skin Peel:
There are three main types of chemical peels:
1. Superficial Peels: These are the mildest type of chemical peels and only affect the outer layer of the skin. They are typically made with alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), such as glycolic acid, lactic acid, or fruit enzymes. Superficial peels can improve skin texture and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Medium Peels: These peels penetrate deeper into the skin, reaching the middle layers. They are typically made with trichloroacetic acid (TCA) or glycolic acid. Medium peels can improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, and uneven skin tone.
3. Deep Peels: These peels penetrate the deepest layers of the skin and are typically made with phenol or a combination of TCA and phenol. They can be used to treat severe wrinkles, sun damage, and scars, but require a longer recovery time and have a higher risk of complications.
How Skin Peel is Performed:
The skin peel treatment is usually performed in a dermatologist’s office or a medical spa. Before the procedure, the skin is thoroughly cleaned, and a numbing cream may be applied to reduce discomfort. The chemical solution is then applied to the skin, and the amount of time it is left on varies depending on the type of peel being used and the individual’s skin type.
After the desired amount of time has passed, the solution is neutralized with water, and a soothing cream or ointment is applied to the skin. Patients are typically advised to avoid sun exposure and to wear sunscreen for several days following the procedure.
Benefits of Skin Peel
Risks and Side Effects:
Although skin peel treatment is generally safe, it does carry some risks and side effects, such as:
1. Redness, swelling, and irritation of the treated area.
2. Increased sensitivity to sunlight.
3. Changes in skin pigmentation.
4. Scarring or infection in rare cases.
It is important to discuss the potential risks and benefits of skin peel treatment with a qualified skincare professional before undergoing the procedure.
At Elley MediSpa we offer skin peel for various skin type and concerns. For more information contact Elley Spa.
Post Tags :
We are a secret gem in the heart of Welwyn Garden City town centre – an oasis of healing, wellbeing, rebirth and transformation. A place to become calm, complete, more ‘present’ and attuned to your body and your heart and when you leave our place, you feel less stressed and anxious
We would love to hear from you! If you have a question or suggestion or want to say hello, please feel free to contact us.
Automated page speed optimizations for fast site performance